Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Everyone's a little bit racist, it's true."


Not a ton to report about yesterday. Saw Avenue Q last night; it was pretty good. I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it. I think hearing the songs over and over for a few years without actually seeing it messed it up a little for me, since some of the jokes didn't surprise me. Also, they made some weird choices with casting. But whatevs, it was a fun show and a fun night with five of the other girls from UF. We even got Rolo McFlurrys afterward! (Oh, Britain, how I love you...)

Yesterday morning, instead of studying, I went to Primark, which is basically like a clothing superstore where everything is super-cheap. But, it was a zoo in there, even on a Tuesday morning! Let me describe to you:

Got there around 10:30 a.m., was busy but not too crowded. By 11, it was packed full of people. I was trying on basically every skirt in the place, so I got in the line to get to the fitting room. That line? About 50 women long, took half an hour to get through. By the time I was done with that, I was like, no thanks on trying on new sizes for some stuff.

I guess everyone else felt the same way because there were women trying on stuff on the sales floor. And I don't mean trying on jackets, I mean taking off their pants to try on new pants. It was really surprising and crazy. Also, when they didn't want something, they didn't hang it back up, they just left it on the floor! Guess people go crazy for bargains.

I did, indeed, try on stuff on the sales floor, but I did not remove any of my clothing (except my belt, haha.) I just pulled the skirts on over my clothes so I could check if they fit my waist. Success! Bought 3 skirts, a pair of tights, and a pair of shoes for about £40! What an awesome deal. (I'm wearing one of the super-cute new skirts in the photo above... be jealous.)

So, yes, that was my Primark adventure. It's a store everyone here tells you to go to for super-cheap clothes, but I definitely couldn't make a habit out of going, because 1. I'd spend all my money, and 2. because I was afraid for my life.

Today I have a management exam at 5 p.m. London time, tomorrow a marketing exam at the same time and a BLC test in the morning, plus some homework, so today has to be 100% studying or I'm done for.

Later, friends.

Love,
AMY

No comments:

Post a Comment