Monday, July 20, 2009

Things I DO love about London


I love a lot of things about London. Probably too many to list. And I've done so many fun, new, interesting, (sometimes odd) things in the two months that I've been here. But there are thing about London in general that I just really love. Here are a few:
  • All the outdoor markets. (With all the wonderful foods!)
  • Traveling by tube.
  • The newspapers.
  • Muesli.
  • Dogs everywhere!
  • The parks
  • There is always something to do.
  • People call me "Dear," "Sweetheart," and "Love," like, all the time.
  • The funny words for things. (The garbage can is the rubbish bin? Alright.)
  • Better food labels for veg-friendly foods. Also, delicious veg food everywhere you turn.
  • Primark
  • There is something historical about, like, everything.
  • I get to send postcards.
  • Traveling about the rest of Europe is a breeze
  • The accents!
  • It is waaaaaaaaaaaay nice to not have 105 degree weather with 99% humidity every day.
  • Meeting people from every corner of the world.
  • The tiny melons in the supermarket that I can eat in one sitting.
  • New foods!
  • Being really far from home for the first time makes me realize how much I love home, but also how much I want to explore other countries, and how I want to explore my own country.
Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment